Saturday

happy mother's day

our second post for mother's day comes from the same amazing woman who gave us mom's famous chili recipe. my mom is a wonderful cook and always let me help in the kitchen growing up - i think i owe a lot, if not all, of my passion for food to my grandmas and mom. growing up in arizona, there were plenty of hot summer days that my mom didn't feel like turning on the oven or cooking at the stove. this salad is part of a vivid memory of dinner on those 115 degree days, right out of the pool, sitting at the kitchen table with my mom and dad in the cold air conditioning. the original recipe is from this classic cookbook but my mom put a few of her own improvements on it. it's refreshing, crunchy and wonderful! enjoy & happy mother's day on sunday to all those great woman out there.

Chicken Chow Mein Salad

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 5oz can chow mein noodles
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup snow peas, sliced
in a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger. refrigerate until ready to dress. in a large bowl, combine bean sprouts, chicken, noodles, green onion, bell pepper and snow peas. toss with dressing to combine and serve immediately.

1 comment:

Leila said...

I just found your blog and I love it. I have wanted to make spring rolls for awhile now. Keep posting!